Benefits of EPA & DHA Fatty Acids
The main omega-3s in fish oil are eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), while the omega-3 in plant sources is mainly alpha-linolenic acid (ALA). Although ALA is an essential fatty acid, EPA and DHA have many more health benefits (5).
EPA and DHA have been shown to improve your heart health, treat mental disorders including depression, aid weight loss, support skin & eye health, reduce inflammation, improve attention and hyperactivity, relieve asthma and allergy symptoms, plus countless other benefits (1,2,3,4,6,7,8).
It is important to get enough omega-3s because the Western diet has replaced a lot of omega-3s with other fats like omega-6s (9). This distorted ratio of fatty acids has contributed to numerous diseases (9).
"I noticed decrease in my joint aches whenever I would train, and I also noticed a decrease in my cholesterol when I went back to get my labs."
Heart, Brain, Skin & Eye Health
Omega-3 supplements can significantly lower blood triglycerides which help in reducing cholesterol and preventing cardiovascular events like heart attacks (1).
EPA & DHA are vital for the maintenance of normal brain function throughout life (2). They are abundant in the cell membranes of brain cells, preserving cell membrane health and facilitating communication between brain cells (2).
Helps maintain skin health by promoting hydration and healthy skin barrier function* (3).
INFLAMMATION & PAIN
Omega-3s can reduce inflammation and symptoms of various autoimmune diseases, such as rheumatoid arthritis (13). They’re also effective at reducing menstrual pain (14).
Natural, Safe and Clinically-Backed Ingredients
FISH OIL - 1200 MG
The fish oil in Primal Pharm's OMEGA® is derived from the tissues of sea harvested pelagic fish containing omega-3 fatty acids plus natural lemon flavor to help improve taste.
OMEGA - 720MG
OMEGA® contains many omega-3 fatty acids, however the two most important for your health, as recommended by the World Health Organization (WHO), are EPA and DHA fatty acids (5). OMEGA® contains the perfect ratio of both of these fatty acids to support overall health and immune system function (10).
EPA - 432MG
Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) has many essential functions. Most importantly, it’s used to form signaling molecules called eicosanoids which can reduce inflammation (1). Alternatively, EPA has been shown to reduce your risk of chronic diseases, such as heart disease and is particularly effective against certain mental conditions, especially depression (1,2,5).
DHA - 288MG
Docosahexaenic acid (DHA) is a primary structural component of the human brain, cerebral cortex, skin, and retina (11). It helps reduce the risk of sudden heart-related death, increase blood flow during mental tasks, decrease in attention problems, fights inflammation, reduces muscle soreness, improves range of motion, decreases glaucoma risk, supports blood circulation and more (1,2,12).
Transparent Ingredients Supported By Honest Studies
1. Omar Sheikh, (June 2019). “Cardiovascular, electrophysiologic, and hematologic effects of omega-3 fatty acids beyond reducing hypertriglyceridemia”. US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health.
2. Emma Derbyshire, (August 2018). “Brain Health across the Lifespan: A Systematic Review on the Role of Omega-3 Fatty Acid Supplements”. US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health.
3. Tse-Hung Huang, (July 2018). “Cosmetic and Therapeutic Applications of Fish Oil’s Fatty Acids on the Skin". US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health.
4. Alexis Ceecee Zhang, (April 2020). “Omega-3 Fatty Acids and Eye Health: Opinions and Self-Reported Practice Behaviors of Optometrists in Australia and New Zealand”. US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health.
5. L. Bellows, J. Clifford, (July 2015). “Omega-3 Fatty Acids”. COLORADO STATE UNIVERSITY.
6. David Mischoulon, MD, PHD, (October 2020). “Omega-3 fatty acids for mood disorders”. Harvard Health Publishing.
7. Jonathan D. Buckley, (December 2015). “Long-Chain Omega-3 Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids May Be Beneficial for Reducing Obesity”. US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health.
8. Jun Miyata, (October 2014). “Role of omega-3 fatty acids and their metabolites in asthma and allergic diseases”. National Library Of Medicine.
9. M E Berger, (August 2017). “Omega-6 to omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid ratio and subsequent mood disorders in young people with at-risk mental states: a 7-year longitudinal study”. Translational Psychiatry.
10. Saray Gutiérrez, (October 2019). “Effects of Omega-3 Fatty Acids on Immune Cells”. US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health.
11. PubChem, (September 2004). “Docosahexaenoic acid”. National Library Of Medicine.
12. Transl Vis Sci Technol, (May 2018). “Oral Omega-3 Supplementation Lowers Intraocular Pressure in Normotensive Adults”. US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health.
13. Angela M. Zivkovic, (July 2011). “ Dietary omega-3 fatty acids aid in the modulation of inflammation and metabolic health”. US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health.
14. Caspian J Intern Med, (Summer 2011). “Comparison of the effect of fish oil and ibuprofen on treatment of severe pain in primary dysmenorrhea”. US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health.
Nutritional Facts & Use
Suggested Use: As a dietary supplement, take one (1) softgel, 2 - 3 times daily with meals.
CAUTION: Do not exceed recommended dose. Pregnant or nursing mothers, children under the age of 18, and individuals with a known medical condition should consult a physician before using this or any dietary supplement.
I recently discovered these for my husband. He had been taking a different Omega 3 supplement purchased at our optometrist's office and these are about 1/3 of the cost. For a long term supplement like this, finding this product at this price will be a great blessing to our budget.
I'm paralyzed and in a wheelchair and use a urinal used to the odd mercaptan smells you get after eating asparagus broccoli Brussels sprouts etc I was skeptical about the non fishy burbs I take some antacid in the morning which leads to deep belly burps even so no fishy issues. Anyway late in the day my urine smells fishy! Embarrassing when my brief leaks. anyone else noticed this?
I really dislike all fish & seafood but I'm well aware of the benefits of those foods. I've tried countless brands and have disappointed with all. Most taste like fish went to put in your mouth or the burps make you gag. NOT these! Tasteless and no fish burps. I'm in love! Been taking for a few years now and won't try anything else
When I saw the size I doubted it would be easy to swallow, but it really is. And I leaves no burps after digestion. I liked it and bought it again for my friend. I'll buy it again, can recommend to everyone.
I chose to purchase this product after my physician recommended that I take fish oil. This is a large gel capsule, but I had no problem taking it. There was no fish odor or taste that I could discern. I haven't been taking this product very long, so I'm not sure how or if my pain level will decrease. No complaints from me so far.
My doctor recommended these because of the higher epa and dha levels, and I take 3-4/day per her recommendation but I have seen a definite improvement in inflammation and joint pain. I'm sure the overall benefits will be just as good
Just started using product
I bought these for heart health. I had tried a different brand before, sometimes got that fishy taste. Yuck!!! I gave this supplement a try, so far no fishy after taste. The only negative thing about these would be the outer shell is pretty hard. I imagine if you have a hard time swallowing pills that might be tough. I have not had any problems with it though.
I've been taking these fish oil soft gels for the past year, I love that it is does a soy-free brand.
I have been giving this to my extremely scatterbrained but smart 9 year old son for about 2 months now. I saw some effects after a couple of weeks, but now, after 2 months, he's a different child. He thinks before he acts, learns from his mistakes, doesn't forget nearly as much as he used to, and even his grades have improved. It seems to be the �link� that he has been missing in his brain (ie quality neurotransmitter- aiding supplement). We've tried so many things- therapy, diet changes, elimination diets, changes in parenting, etc. . . but refuse to medicate with dangerous stimulants. Primal Pharm Omega 3 is the only thing that has helped. Hallelujah!!! :)
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.